We will give you a simple guide on how to sell on Jumia in Nigeria even if you are a complete beginner. It is possible to list your products and start making profits on them without going through the hassles of shipping them yourself.
To sell on Jumia, you need to offer a wide variety of products to customers who use Jumia’s e-commerce platform. Before your products can be sold, Jumia’s quality control team reviews your product list.
How To Sell On Jumia: Stats
Jumia has over 100,000 products available in various categories such as fashion, electronics, home & living, health & beauty, and books.
According to Jumia, their e-store receives an average of 225,000 potential customers each month, with thirty million views each month. During Black Friday in 2018, they recorded 794,000 sales.
With these impressive figures, it’s easy to see why selling on Jumia can be a lucrative opportunity.
In order to achieve maximum sales on Jumia, it is essential to follow their specific conditions. This post aims to guide you through the process of registering and listing products, utilizing the Seller Center.
SEE RELATED POST >> How to Start Mini Importation Business In Nigeria In 2023
Also, creating compelling product descriptions, optimizing image size and quality, reviewing and validating product listings, handling order processing and cancellations, delivery procedures, and receiving payment for your products.
We will begin promptly to provide you with the necessary knowledge to commence selling on Jumia.
Advantages of Jumia to the Dealer and Purchaser
Jumia is an online marketplace where vendors and buyers can connect virtually and deal safely.
As a Seller, you will earn more money from sales as more prospective clients see your goods listed on Jumia.
For the buyer, you have no need to get out of bed to purchase anything but may do so with a mouse click on your computer or a touch on the phone and have the products delivered to your door.
How To Sell On Jumia And Make Money Daily
In order to start selling on Jumia, you have to follow the procedures below diligently:
Step 1: Register On Jumia Market Place
The first thing you must do to get started with selling on Jumia is to be enrolled as a vendor via the Jumia Market Place portal.
Step 2: Submit Accurate Details
While registering, you will be required to enter certain important details such as;
- Your active email address
- Phone number
- Your company’s legal name and address
- Bank account details
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
And other information that would be needed. Ensure you submit the correct details. It’s best you go through the form before submitting it.
LEARN MORE >> Fastest Selling Products In Nigeria: Make ₦50,000 Daily
Step 3: Jumia Seller Center Code
When you have successfully registered, you will be required to access the codes sent to your email which will guarantee you a spot in the Jumia Seller Center.
Step 4: Activate Your Jumia Seller Center
The next action that will be required of you is to head over to Seller Center and input the codes you retrieved from your email to log in.
Step 5: Get Trained
When you have gone through your registration phase, you will be given access to a training portal where you will learn the rudiments of selling on Jumia.
Step 6: Upload Your Products
After completing your training, log in to your Seller Center account and upload at least five products to start selling.
How Much Does It Cost To Sell On Jumia?
Registration on Jumia is free for all sellers, but every sale made through the Jumia e-commerce platform incurs a fee, which varies depending on the chosen delivery method and the type of product. The fees are divided into three categories, including shipping cost contributions, commissions, and Jumia Express fees.
What Does Seller Center Mean?
To begin selling, you must first utilize the seller center and become acquainted with its features. You will manage your online business through the Seller Center after registering.
This portal provides you with the necessary information to manage your sales, add items, modify product details, get an evaluation of actual transactions, and so on.
This site serves as a one-stop shop for managing your Jumia sales account.
Below is a list of some of the Seller Center’s features.
- Maintain surveillance of your merchandise and keep your listings up to date.
- Monitor all orders for your items in the Jumia network.
- Begin promotional initiatives.
- Employ buyer analytics tools to track your sales performance.
Product Description Strategy That Sells
To be able to sell successfully on Jumia, you must adequately describe your products. The ideal method to explain what you’re offering is to include all of its principal highlights (important technical characteristics), distinguishing traits or selling points, functions, size or measurements, and weight exactly as they are.
Then, present what you’re offering to show clients all of your product’s benefits and include graphics that communicate how beneficial the items are to users.
Recommended Image Sizes & Where To Download Them
Adding photos is another important component of selling on Jumia. Because you are aware that purchasing is a visual experience, you may copy and paste images from other sites.
The picture resolution for the things you’re selling must be 680850 pixels or a minimum of 500×500 pixels. They can, however, be as wide as 2000×2000 pixels and can be cropped using Jumia’s picture tool. You may post photographs from various angles.
If you don’t have a photograph of your product, look for images with distinctive serial numbers online.
You may even photograph a photo of a real item in a studio that adheres to the Jumai image requirements.
How To List Your Products
The first step in making your items accessible for purchase by customers is to post them on your Seller Center account.
According to the category and the number of items you want to display to buyers, you may list them in a variety of ways.
To begin selling on Jumia, you must first list your items. See the procedures listed below.
- List only one item at a time.
- Promote Your Feature
- Create in bulk with Bulk Templates.
- Get assistance from the Jumia Content Team in listing your items.
Follow the Jumia product development rules for simple approval and the advice provided to help you win with your Jumia product creation and launch.
Check out the validation procedure. By clicking on this link, you may also learn more about setting up list items.
Product Review Phase And Approval
Any items you post for sale on the Jumia Portal will be evaluated and authorized by the Jumia Quality Control team within two working days after becoming live.
- To view your current product listings, login to your Seller Center account and select “Manage Products,” followed by “Live.”
- If a product is rejected, click on the X next to the item or look for the triangle icon in the “Visible” column. (For more information on the validation process, refer to our guidelines.)
- To see the reasons for rejection by the Jumia Quality Control Team, select “Poor quality or Rejected reasons.”
- To make corrections or amendments to a rejected product, select “Edit” and then “Edit Details.”
- Once your product lists are approved by the Jumia Quality Content team, they will be made available on Jumia.com, and you can expect to receive orders from buyers.
How To Get Items Ready For Shipping & Cancellation Of Order
If you intend to begin selling on Jumia, you must first learn how to fulfill an order. When a consumer purchases one of your items, you have 24 hours to prepare the item for shipment.
Carefully follow the guide below to successfully process your order:
- Check your Seller Center account daily to stay updated on any new orders. You will also receive an email notification whenever a customer places a new order for your product.
- To view a new order, go to “Orders” and select “Manage Orders.” The order will be pending in the “Orders” tab. Follow Jumia’s guidelines to properly pack your package for delivery.
- If you don’t have the item in stock, select “Canceled” under “Actions” and provide a reason for canceling the order. Keep in mind that Jumia may charge you for canceling an order.
Product Delivery Guide
Jumia offers two primary delivery methods for your orders, which are as follows:
Drop off Items at Jumia’s VDO Stations: With this option, you will be responsible for storing your products, preparing and packaging your orders, and delivering them to Jumia’s VDO stations.
Once you drop off your packages at the station, Jumia takes over the delivery process and ships the products to your customers.
Subscribe to Jumia Express Service: By choosing this option, you can send your products to Jumia, and they will take care of the inventory and make your items available for sale quickly.
Whenever you receive an order, Jumia will package and ship the product directly to your customer.
Receiving Payments for Your Products
Jumia puts funds into your bank account on a regular basis and notifies you of the amount. Learn more via this LINK.
Now that you have come to the knowledge of how to sell on Jumia, it is time to kick off that eCommerce business dream as soon as possible.
Selling on Jumia is a very lucrative venture especially if you know where to source items at very cheap rates, and resell them for higher returns.
With the information in this post, we have divulged how to sell on Jumia, hence, it is expected that you take action by registering on Jumia Seller Center to get started.
- CAC Business Name Registration By Yourself With Easy Steps
- CAC Registration: Ultimate Guide To Register Your Business Name
- Starting a Telecom Business: Tips and Strategies for Success
- Should You Form an LLC for Your Small Business? All You Need to Know
- 20 Ultimate Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria Easily
- Ria Money Transfer: Send Money Globally Conveniently & Fast
Sharing Is Caring!