Nigeria Police Recruitment – This Nigeria Police Application guide will introduce you to the steps to take in applying for the 2024 police recruitment in Nigeria. This article promises to provide you with the information on the Nigeria police recruitment requirements, the screening date, shortlisted candidates, and how to apply for the police recruitment 2024.
The application portal will also be revealed in this article to help the applicants in the application process. Once the recruitment has been announced, candidates are expected to rush to the portal and begin the applications by filling the necessary information and submission of important documents.
Adhering to the instructions in this article is the only way to succeed in the application process. This is because we have detailed out the steps to take which is indispensable for you success.
Facts About the Nigeria Police
The Nigeria Police Force is the country’s primary law enforcement agency. Its beginnings can be traced back to the establishment of a 30-man Consular Guard in Lagos in 1861. The modest guard was later increased to 600 men in 1891 and called “Hausa Police” after Lt. Glover R. N. enlisted some captured runaway Hausa slaves at Jebba. In 1879, the Hausa Police was renamed the “Hausa Constabulary” after being expanded by the recruitment of more men. It was then made up of 1,200 officers and men who were led by an Inspector-General of Police.
Has Nigeria Police Recruitment Commence?
The Police Service Commission (PSC), in collaboration with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), invites applications from interested and qualified Nigerians for enlistment as Specialist (Artisan) & General Duty Police Constable (Recruits) in the Nigeria Police Force.
The online application site will be active for six weeks, from the 15th of October to the 26th of November 2023, during which prospective applicants must complete the online application forms and submit them via this portal within the timeframe given. Both male and female Nigerians of good reputation are welcome to use the platform.
Successful applicants would go through a combination of academic and physical training before being hired as Specialist (artisan) Police Constables (PC) in the Nigeria Police Force.
Nigeria Police Portal for Recruitment 2024
The Police Recruitment portal is https://apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng/. All application will be done on this portal. Please note that it is important you remember this police recruitment application portal. If you find yourself on the wrong portal, you might be scammed.
All the information you need has been provided in this article. Please read to the end to get the full instruction.
Nigeria Police Recruitment Requirements, Eligibility and Documents
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment 2024. Below are the requirements needed for the police application:
- Applicants must be of Nigerian ethnicity and have a National Identification Number (NIN).
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 credits in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent in no more than two sittings, with credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically healthy, and no shorter than 1.67m for men and 1.64m for women.
- Applicants must have an enlarged chest measurement of at least 86cm (34 inches) (male only).
- Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of their application.
- Applicants must have a working email and phone number. viii. SSCE results statements or certificates for examinations taken prior to 2015 will not be acknowledged. Ix. Applicants must be financially secure and not have been convicted of any criminal offense. Interested candidates can visit the recruitment portal website at www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng to complete the online application form. Applicants must also provide scanned copies of their SSCE, Birth, and Certificates of Origin. Applicants must print their completed online form and guarantor form and submit them at physical/credentials screening facilities across the country.
For more on the recruitment guidelines, check here; https://apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng/guideline.
How to Apply for Nigeria Police Recruitment 2024
Using the aforementioned documents, go to https://apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng and complete the instructions below.
- On the webpage, click Apply, then enter your email address and preferred password (choose a password you can remember).
- Open your email and click the link within to verify and activate your account.
- Log in with your email address and password after you’ve activated your account.
- Update your profile, upload any necessary files, and use the phone number (if any) linked with your NIN;
- Check the information before final submission to ensure it is correct.
- If you are selected for this stage, you will receive an email verifying your application, which you must print and bring with you to the physical screening venue.
- Additionally, the email will include a link to your profile, so you may print off your information whenever it’s convenient for you.
Things to Take note About Nigeria Police Recruitment
The application is free to use. Furthermore, applicants should be aware that submitting fake or false documents is strictly illegal and might result in instant disqualification or arrest by Nigerian police. There will be a screening process for those who make the shortlist, so make sure you submit your application before the deadline.
Details about the screening process will be posted on this page as soon as they become available, so check back periodically to see when this information will be published. We would provide information on the dates, venue, and time, which are critical elements to remember before then.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply if my examinations were taken in 2014?
Exams taken prior to 2015 are not eligible.
Is there an online application platform for Nigeria Police Recruitment?
Absolutely! Navigate to policerecruitment.gov.ng.
What is the average age of applicants?
Between the ages of 18 and 25.
Are there any physical requirements for the application?
Yes, height and chest measurements are quite important.
Did you find value in reading this? Please do not hesitate to share this article. Also follow us on Facebook and Twitter now X. Make sure to bookmark this page and subscribe to our mailing list. Be the first to be notified and updated. Congratulations and thanks for stopping by.