PORK MEAT BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
Pork Meat Business In Nigeria: Piggery is a profitable phase of the farming business that which one can make so much money on a daily basis. People who are into pig farming can testify to the fact of they make money daily.
This is very true because the pork meat business is in high demand in Nigeria and the meat sells fast in the market. Another reason you may need to consider running this business is that pigs reproduce in large numbers and grow very fast.
Just one pig can give birth to as many as twelve (12) piglets at a time, making it one of the most reproducing farm animals in the world.
Despite the huge Return On Investment (ROI) in pig farming, a lot of people are still unaware and doubtful about this super-fast growing business. While some still doubt the profitability of this business, the few people who have engaged in the business can tell you that this is the right business to start and make a maximum profit as necessary.
As a pig farmer, you can sell a fully grown pig for as high as N35,000 depending on the weight. Now, imagine if you can rear at least 100 pigs to maturity, you will be making nothing less than N3.5 Million from the sales.
Considering how fast pigs reproduce, it won’t be hard to rear 100 pigs in a year.
You can make pork meats from your pigs and can equally start a “pork meat” business which is another line of making money asides from just rearing it.
To rear your pigs to maturity before selling, you need the following:
* Get a Farmland
If you are new in the pig farming business, then a plot of land would not be a bad idea for a start. For large-scale pig farming, big farmland will be worthwhile because it will enable the pigs to graze in the open and then retire to the pen where they will continue feeding and playing. In the pig farming business, the land is your primary investment. Once you can secure pig farmland, you are sure to start out.
* Build Pens For Your Pigs
This is a major criterion for starting a pig farming business. Setting up a big pen is necessary if you don’t want the pigs to injure themselves. A well-equipped and spacious pen can save you lots of money that would have been spent on treating diseases. Also, a proper drainage system is important to avoid stagnation of water around the pen which could attract disease vectors.
To prevent your pigs from getting dirty, building a water pool where they can play, swim and cool themselves will be necessary. This notion is essential for their well-being.
* Buy Pigs
It is advisable to start with a small number of piglets and then increase gradually. This way you’ll be able to learn the nook and cranny of the pig farming business and eventually, your risk will be minimal.
You should know the kind of pigs you buy as well as check if they are healthy and can respond to treatment or not.
You’ll also need the services of a vet doctor for regular checkups and vaccination as well as proper feeding and nutrition practices.
* Employ Workers
* Ensure Proper Feeding Practice
From your pig rearing, you can start out a pork meat business.
Asides from rearing your pigs, you can sell it as pork meat and it will still remain profitable.
Most times, people like to eat pork depending on how it is prepared. Just like fried chicken, you can roast your pork by the roadside, at junctions, close to bars, joints, etc.
See the steps below to prepare pork meat:
Do not overcook pork or it will become dry and tough. The threat of trichinosis is eliminated when the pork is heated to 137°F but the USDA recommends cooking pork to 145°F to be safe. Cooking to 145°F will result in clear or slightly pink-tinted juices and provides meat that is juicy and tender.
- When frying, do not place a cover over the pan. This will lock in moisture and cause the meat to braise or steam.
- Lightly coat pork with vegetable oil to keep it from drying out during cooking. Before roasting pork, sear all sides to create a flavorful crusty surface on the meat.
- Do not overcrowd pork cuts when cooking. Leaving space between them will allow them to brown and cook more evenly.
- If using a marinade for basting, set some aside before placing raw pork in it to marinate. Never reuse the marinade that the meat was marinated in.
- Poach uncooked sausages for a few minutes before frying, broiling, or grilling. Sausage casings should not be pierced before poaching. The piercing will cause the juices to be released and sausages will become dry.
Do not partially cook pork and then store it in the refrigerator to use later. It must be cooked until done. It can be partially cooked or browned using one method, such as microwaving or searing, and then immediately cooked until done using a different method, such as roasting, frying, grilling, or broiling.
- How To Start Shawarma Business In Nigeria
- How To Start Popcorn Business In Nigeria
- What Business Can I Start With N200k?
- What Business Can I Start With N50k?
- What Business Can I Start With N5k?
- What Can I Sell To Make Money In Nigeria?
- How To Make $5,172 (N3m) Monthly Selling Ad Space
- 10 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria For Ladies
- 7 Unique Business Ideas In Nigeria For Students
- What Business Can I Start With 500k In Nigeria?
- What Business Can I Start With 150k In Nigeria?
- What Business Can I Start With 300k In Nigeria?
- 7 Hot Online Business Ideas In Nigeria
Sharing Is Caring!